Οι Tides From Nebula μας έρχονται από την Πολωνία και είναι ίσως ένα από τα αξιολογότερα σχήματα που έχει να παρουσιάσει η σύγχρονη post-rock σκηνή.Με μουσική που βγάζει έναν απίστευτο ηλεκτρισμό και με live εμφανίσεις που χαρακτηρίζονται από την μοναδική τους ενέργεια έχουν καταφέρει να στρέψουν την προσοχή των απανταχού μουσικόφιλων πάνω τους. Τα δύο τους άλμπουμ,Aura (2009) και Earthsine (2011),έχουν λάβει διθυραμβικές κριτικές,ενώ η συνεργασία τους με τον μουσικό κολοσσό που ακούει στο όνομα Zbigniew Preisner δεν μπορεί να περάσει απαρατήρητη. Πρόσφατα ολοκλήρωσαν την Ευρωπαϊκή τους περιοδεία η οποία περιελάμβανε και δύο Ελληνικούς σταθμούς (Αθήνα και Θεσσαλονίκη) και με την ευκαιρία αυτή ο Maciej Karbowski μοιράστηκε μαζί μας κάποια πράγματα. Ας δούμε τι είχε να μας πει:
- You are hailing from Poland,a country not that known for its post-rock scene. How the things
are there as fas as it concerns music?
Actally i think there is quite good scene here. Maybe not specific post-rock scene, but i would say alternative one, so it is not that bad as it seems to be. We have a luck of playing always to the packed venues, so we really apreciate this situation.
- There many people and fellow artists in post-rock that speak with great admiration about you.
How does this feel?
It feels great that some people are really into the bands music, we never dreamt that some people will come to our shows and will buy our records. Now, when it is really happening we are enyoing it as much as we can, thanks people!
- Your latest album "Earthshine" was a real piece of gold! Is there a certain writing process for
Thanks a lot man! There is no rule for the writing. With the first album 'aura' we mostly played live in our rehearsal room. With 'earthshine' we created some music on tracks, straight into the computer, and some in the rehearsal room also. With the third album which we started to write now it seems hat we are going to spend most of the time in the rehearsal room and also one more time in the hause in the mountains, to create something different maybe?
- Your collaboration with Zbigniew Preisner gave you an extra credit for sure. How does it feel
when you have to work with such a name? Has he affected your sound?
Of course he did, he helped us to create this deep, layered sound. We really apreciate his work on the sound of this album, it was a bit though time, but it was worth it.
- Are there any certain influences that helping you create your musical landscapes?
Moslty music of some other bands, but i think whole life inspires you. There are some tracks on 'earthshine' which has some private conotations and were inspired by some traumatic events. It is hard to point one specific inspiration.
- You were on a European Tour. What's the feedback of that tour? Any highlights and any
moments that you don't want to remember?
Most of the tour was really great and enjoyable. There were some better shows, but we really loved it in general, definetely it seems that some people knows our music there, in all these countries, its wonderfull. Thank you.
- Do you think that the band has reached it's music in the higher possible level or there are no
top limits for you?
Absolutely no limits, the day when we will feel 'this is it', will be the last creative day of our band.
- Apart from being musicians you are really cool guys! What do you do when you don't play
Reading books, playing computer games, studing recording technics, taking care of dogs, hamsters etc. Normal lifes.
- Shall we expect a new album and a new tour soon?
2012 should be the year of writing the third album and releasing vinyls of the first two. Hopefully we will release next album in 2013.
- Be the one to share the last words with us
Thanks to the Greek listeners, we really love your beautiful country!
The Fall Of Leviathan by TidesFromNebula
Tragedy of Joseph Merrick by TidesFromNebula
Purr by TidesFromNebula